Day 13- In Your Bag
Is there a doctor in the house?
Why no, I am not a doctor, but my purse thinks it is.
If you can’t see in the picture, the contents include the following:
- Hand Sanitizer- I never carried this before I got pregnant. To be honest, I never thought about germs. But now I have allowed germs into my thought process and have decided….they are icky.
I’m not Howie Mandel but , I squirt some after the gas station and after I have been some where that people do a lot of hand shaking.
- My phone- I love my stylin’ purple rubber case. And no, it is not a smart phone. I am REFUSING to pay $30 a month in a data package. And If I get one, the Hubs does too…$60! No way. At least it doesn’t flip, right?
- Keys- The Hubs makes fun of me because I have so many keys, he thinks I aspire to be a janitor. Secondly, because I have one of those carabiners that rock climbers use. It’s funny because I would love to go rock climbing but only under the conditions that it is in Europe, and when I almost fall to my death Prince William would be then one to rescue me.
- Zofran- I am not totally away from this miraculous drug. As a matter of fact, the last two nights I have had to take one. Last night was because I smelled fried chicken and it turned my stomach in a hurry. The worst part was, I had to pee and every time I gagged, I peed a little on myself. Sheesh.
- Generic Zyrtec- I have major allergies and now that I am in my 2nd trimester I take one about every 2 days just to manage the snot and watery eyes.
- Generic Tylenol- the 2nd trimester reduced the nausea but added headaches. I do everything I can before I take one. Step one- walk around for 5 minutes. Step 2- eat a little something . Step 3- drink a small amount of caffeine. Step 4- take a Tylenol. These headaches suck but I would much rather have them than throwing up all the time.
- Deodorant- I hate this deodorant. Its an emergency deo for the BO, but I sometimes wonder if the BO would be better.
- A super sweet card- This card came in a week ago from someone I have never met. It included a $25 check. WOW. I can tell you that the Lord as completely shocked us and filled my faith cup since The hubs took his new youth pastor job. He always takes care of us.
- Thermometer- I bought this about a week before I found out I was preggo. I felt a little under the weather. I am a MAJOR skeptic when it comes to thermometers! I always think the one(s) in our house are wrong. So I went to Walgreens and bought this dandy one that is…COLOR CODED!
So cool. It shows green with the temp if you are ok, yellow if you are a little high, and red when you are way high.
This came in very handy, because I ran a low fever from weeks 6-11. So weird.
Oh wait, not so weird. I had a dang UTI. I just thought it was normal to feel like a gargoyle when you were pregnant. Turns out a bad UTI can do that without a fetus.