Day 20: Someone You Love
I love Elvis Presley.
Top 10 Reasons I love Elvis Presley
1. He made some great music
- My bridesmaids walked down the aisle to Love Me Tender…I’m serious.
- I was singing Devil in Disguise before I was five.
- I always wanted a little sister so I could sing the song Little Sister to her
2. He had amazing hair
- It was jet black and wavy. It looks like you run your fingers though it and feel the same as a well groomed collie.
3. Young Elvis looks just like my Grandaddy when he was in high school.
- This is really where my love began.
4. He had some daring style
- Gold lame suit
- Jump Suits
- Karate outfits
5. He loved Jesus…even if he showed it a little like a crazy person
6. He was incredibly generous
- He donated $100k to a charity every Christmas
- He paid for 3+ weddings
- He paid a mortgage on a stranger’s house because he gave him a dime to make a phone call
- He gave like 50 Cadillac’s away to friends, family and strangers
7. He sings my most favorite song in the world, Amazing Grace…and he does an amazing job.
8. He loved Tennessee
9. He was a Momma’s boy
- There are a lot of stories about he worshiped his mom and when Gladys died, Elvis was never the same
10. He brings my mom and me together!
- We went on a great girls trip in 2010 to Graceland. It was the first time for both of us and it was so much fun. Don’t get me wrong, if you don’t like Elvis you wont be impressed….but we LOVE him!
- We have an Elvis Christmas Tree